M – I -Z….
You can’t go to the middle of the state of Missouri without being engulfed by Tiger Nation. Well the nation took over myself and my three lady friends a week ago. It is great to have a group of friends that within the first few minutes of catching up it feels like you were never apart. Being a college town, the area has so many interesting eating establishments and fun things to do.
Here are some top places to eat:
- Shakespeare’s Pizza – * Down home, do it yourself pizzaria. Cups are for keeps and the place is packed.
- The Heidelberg – Your Mizzou bar and grill staple.
- Main Squeeze Natural Foods Cafe – * If you consider yourself crunchy or at least appreciate a vegan dish then this is your place.
- Flat Branch Brewery – Looking to grab a drink with friends? Or a fun date with a new lady? Look no further.
- Sub Shop – Fresh bread piled on high with goodies.
*We ate at both Shakespeare’s and Main Squeeze (gotta love Buzz as our table number).
Fun Places to Visit:
- The Columns – These are Mizzou icons. They are in every Mizzou couples engagement photos.
- Antiquing – I’m a girl who loves a deal and there are a ton of little antique stores around the area, including Artichoke Annies.
- Ragtag Cinema – A little nontraditional but sometimes it just feels good to sit back and see a movie.
- Capen Park – Get out, enjoy the summer sun and hit the trail!
(Photos taken via Iphone)
Come on, Mizzou Alum, what places did you like to hang out at and catch a bite to eat?
Z – O – U