My top five moments as a photographer in 2014:
- A wedding with 8 bridesmaids! I loved every moment with these ladies (and the 10 groomsmen/ushers) and was so excited to see each of the girls make the brides day so much livelier!
- Capturing church events like The Easter Egg Hunt and Baby Showers.
- Wonderful mini-sessions. There is something about fast exciting sessions that put a pep in your step!
- All of the babies. I am excited to see the wee ones grow and (hopefully) continue to take photos of them!
- Chalk it up to sentimentality- but I loved meeting so many fun and interesting people! I know this is not a specific moment, but I cannot get over the friendships that have formed from this adventure.
My personal top five moments in 2014:
- I got married! Chicka what! But seriously, it is wonderful to find that person who you will be with for your entire life. And he is pretty good and wielding a camera too!
- Becoming a city resident. I’ve always been told that the city was scary, perhaps they meant that it is so awesome it is frightening. I love the access to great restaurants, free museums and great concerts.
- Owning a small business. We made the business official this year. It was such a huge step full of fear and apprehension. Not because it was the wrong decision, but because it was a new area to discover.
- Traveling to beautiful places like Gatlinburg, Chicago, Branson, and DC. Wonderful friends and memories!
- Finally feeling confident in my full-time position. As I gracefully go through my 20’s it is incredible how my confidence grows as I age. It is pretty wonderful to see glimpses into who I am and want to be.
What are your top five moments of 2014?