You are engaged! What an exciting time of anticipation and preparation for your marriage. And a typical part of this time is engagement photos. There seems to be so much pressure on getting the ‘right’ photos. But the photos should reflect the type of couple you are. So hopefully this list will help discern the right props for your engagement session.
- Blanket– This could be anything from a picnic blanket to grandmothers quilt. A couple becomes so much more relaxed when getting comfortable on a blanket or when wrapped up together. It instantly expresses warmth.
- Something with the date of your wedding– This could come in so many forms: a sign, chalk on a boot, balloons, sporting equipment… really there are endless options!
- Pets– If you have a pet with your fiancé- bring it (as long as you have cleared it with your photographer)! Yes, it may create a little disturbance, but you can always ask a family member to bring it and then take it on a walk while you are finishing your session.
- Weather Appropriate Pieces– Mother nature can be a little unpredictable and so if the weather looks a little iffy, but you are willing to face the weather, then you will need a few more items. Those galoshes, umbrellas and scarfs will make you a bit cozier and make the sessions more enjoyable.
- Items that represent the two of you specifically– That means if you two are book worms, then bring reading materials. If you love Dr. Who, then incorporate it! Do you both love running? Please bring your shoes or medals. The session will mean all the more to you and your will end up feeling more comfortable, which means the photographer will get more natural photos.
What creative props would you add to this list?