I’m a sucker for a good to do list. I love the ability to cross off something I accomplish, and so I thought I would share the satisfaction with you! Earlier this summer I created my “Summer to do List” and I pleased to say I got the majority of them finished!
Summer to do List
Go to a Twilight Tuesday : A free outdoor concert at the Missouri History Museum AND food trucks- yes please!
- Oh, yes I had a lovely double date with my co-worker and our husbands. We didn’t hit up any food trucks but we splurged and had a fine St. Louis dinner of toasted ravs and Imos!
See fireworks on the 4th : J and I have a few traditions that we are pretty set on, and one of them is seeing fireworks on a bridge. We have done this since we started dating over 3 years ago! This year we have a wedding on that date, so we might need to get a bit creative.
- J and I booked it home from the wedding and hit up our favorite bridge. We may have only stayed for 10 minutes as we were so exhausted, but by golly we continued our tradition.
- Get drinks at The Moonrise Hotel : Just because this place is awesome and home to the Eclipse Restaurant . This lovely place has a rooftop terrace and I can just imagine a relaxing evening with friends there!
- We are completing this task next week when we meeting friends of ours to celebrate a birthday!
Visit a new state : I have a huge travel bug and love new places! Be on the look out for where we end up!
- We traveled to two different states this summer – Michigan and Wisconsin. I had never been to Wisconsin, but boy did I love it! The weather and the beautiful Lake Michigan are difficult to be matched.
Go to a Farmers Market : I want the whole experience waking up early on a Saturday, grabbing coffee and then heading to the market to find the freshest veggies, fruits and flowers. I was thinking Soulard Farmers Market, but am open to new suggestions.
- I went with a friend to Soulard Farmers Market with a friend and I picked up my favorites – flowers and freshly made doughnuts!
- Japanese Lantern Festival : Missouri Botanical Gardens puts up a beautiful display. I originally saw this display 3 years ago and am stoked that they brought it back. Sounds like a great date night… hint hint.
- I so wanted to go this year, but our schedule did not make it happen.
Visit extended family : Almost all of my family lives in Michigan and so I am excited to do a Tour de Mitten around the great state to spend time with family with J.
- Our Michigan was the best! I got to see so many of my family members and we were able to get in a little R & R.
- Food Truck Friday : I have yet to attempt this phenomenon located in Tower Grove Park. I know, I know it is a must-do and I plan to get it crossed off this summer!
- I didn’t make it to a Food Truck Friday, hopefully soon I will
Chill poolside/boatside : There is nothing that I crave more than being near water when St. Louis turns into a hot mess. So folks with pools or boats – let me be your friend. I’m a great guest that always comes with refreshments!
- I totally made it to the pool and to Lake Michigan. So task sooooo accomplished.
Find the best restaurant patios in STL : This is a major summer goal. A co-worker of mine – ahem Anna – shared with me the world of this things called patios. And now I want to try them all!
- Our favorite this summer was Favazzas– hands down!
All photos were taken on my lovely Iphone!