The decision to specialize in families (and High School Seniors) is always made more apparent when I get into Mini Session season (aka get your lovely holiday photo taken!). I love seeing my returning clients families get bigger and older. It is a joy to hear their big accomplishments of the year.
Often, though, I get asked if a family should choose a mini session or an hour family session and perhaps this post will help guide you.
- Are you looking for a photo just to put on your holiday card? Mini Session
- Are you wanting to bring a pet? Family Session (sometimes I can accommodate pets in minis but it can make the session feel a bit more rushed.)
- Do you have a larger family (6+)? Family Session
- Do you have younger children that have a shorter attention span? Mini Session – that 25 minute time span is perfect for them!
- Do you want a specialized and unique experience? Family Session
- Do you want to pick your own location? Family Session
- Do you want props that focus on Christmas? Mini Session
- Do you want to change outfits? Family Session
Mini Sessions are 25 minute sessions that are typically one after another for a few hours. Each family typically gets 20-25 edited photos on an online gallery. The session is in one location that typically doesn’t have much variety.
Family Sessions are an hour long and is focused just on your family. Each family can pick any location in a 15 mile radius of St. Louis. Families can bring props and an outfit changed if they want. Each Family gets 50-60 edited photos on an online gallery.
My goal is to serve every family with a fun photography experience!