I was so excited to see Creve Coeur Camera offer another Photopalooza workshop after attending the one in July. I thought it might be a one time offering, or even a once a year workshop, but they put on another less than 4 months later! This time they also packed it with non-photography topics like running a business and social media, so for those who claim it is only for photographers- you are wrong! This event would be great for anyone who owns a business or has children or just enjoys to learn!
I attended three worshops:
- Business Portraits – On Site Studio with Tom Tussey
- Senior Photo Session – Laura Hicks (origionally it was supposed to be with Austin Pekarek)
- Lifestyle Portraits – Laura Hicks
I would have attended more (and the ones on Friday) if this fall season didn’t have me so booked.
Some suggestions for people who attend it next time:
- Make sure you sign up for the sessions early!
- Go with a friend. You will meet a ton of wonderful photographers but it is nice to go with someone you know. I would encourage you to go to different sessions and compare notes during breaks.
- Plan food options. There are a ton of local restaurants to check out.
- Take advantage of the great discounts that day. Go in with a list of items you are looking to buy and price things out while you are there. You might get a really great deal.
- Talk to the vendors there. Want to know what new products Nikon is putting out? More than likely a representative might be there to chat up.
- Bring a notebook. These sessions are top-notch and you will take in so much, so bring something to write down all of the tips they share.
- Network with your session leaders and other attendees. St. Louis is smaller than you think so go meet your fellow photographers and remember that #communityovercompetition is key!
If you attended photopalooza this year, tell me your favorite session in the comments.